Thursday, September 5, 2013

Homesick without a Home (a post by Leah)

I have to admit I am struggling.  Eight weeks ago we packed up all our things from the only state that I have ever called "home" to move across the country and begin our new adventure.  Now the newness has worn off and an aching feeling has crept in.  It's not the landscape, or even the city that I miss so much.  My heart aches to see the ones I love.  My family, my coworkers, my friends.  Everything happened so fast that I never stopped to think how difficult it would be, once we were here.

Of course, some days, like today, are much easier than others.  But, no matter the day I know that it is the Lord who has brought us here and the He is always good.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

We miss you too!!!!! I hope it gets easier. I know they are very lucky to have you!!

Unknown said...

We miss you too!! I hope things get easier for you soon. I know they are lucky to have you!!